2014 E12 project pictures

Post your E12 technical questions and comments here. Please, no off-topic posts.

Moderators: Mike W., Pierre

Robert Bondi

2014 E12 project pictures

Post by Robert Bondi »

In case anyone's interested, here's a link to some pictures that capture some of my spring/summer 2014 projects including the following:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/robertbon ... 702627658/

1. Rebuilding the passenger door including new gaskets, weatherstripping, brushes, and Dynamat sound/thermal upgrade. Both front doors done; hoping to do the rears in 2015.
2. POR-15 rust restoration under the hood seal. Check under it if you haven't. Water likes to pool around there under the hood vent grills.
3. Installation of a Metric Mechanic blue-printed oil pump
4. Polishing and installation of an all-aluminum Ron Davis E28 radiator
5. Router wood work on a fixture to facilitate transmission removal
6. Work on Getrag 265 transmission front seal. I now think that the two-piece nature (snout and cover plate) may be different than the 4-speed (1-piece according to realoem). I found my rebuilt G-265 was missing this "circular" key which eventually allowed the front snout piece to rotate. This rotation also caused the shim ring to wear down. I fabricated both the circular key and a new shim ring. I reassembled with Loctite 574. This was my latest attempt to attack the leaky front seal I've posted on before. So far things appear much improved, but more mileage needed to really say with certainty.
Robert
77 530i
77 Euro 528