Electrical grmilin - Turn signal and radio dead

Post your E12 technical questions and comments here. Please, no off-topic posts.

Moderators: Mike W., Pierre

Max

Electrical grmilin - Turn signal and radio dead

Post by Max »

Weird question for you guys. I noticed that when I was driving with my radio on, the radio would occasionally cut out for about a second when 1) I engaged reverse 2) engaged a turn signal.

The other day, I engaged the turn signal and the radio died and the turn signal no longer worked. Oddly, the turn signal lights come on if I use the hazard button, but not with the signal stalk. Likewise, I can't engage highbeams (the radio is also out). I checked, and none of the fuses are burnt out - and I suspect the relay is still fine if the hazards still work. Any connection between turn signals, radio and reverse lights?

Any suggestions?
RonDwyer

Post by RonDwyer »

You likely have a grounding issue. I'd check all of the turn signal and tail light ground connections as well as those up front.
Ron Dwyer
Milwaukee, Wi

14 Audi A8L TDI
03 530i
08 F150 4X4
Dale

Post by Dale »

IIRC, these are all on the same circuit. Are you running an aftermarket stereo? That could be causing a drain on the circuit. I replaces the brake lights with LED bulbs to cut down on the drain in the circuit to stop similar symptoms.