Found online TIS that covers our M30's

Post your E12 technical questions and comments here. Please, no off-topic posts.

Moderators: Mike W., Pierre

keehn

Found online TIS that covers our M30's

Post by keehn »

I've been working steadily on the "Eleanor" rebuild project and I stumbled on the below website when I was researching what direction I should place the connecting rod bushing's gap. This TIS covers the E23 model, but I found a LOT of the content to apply to our E12's; in particular, our engines and transmissions.

Up until now, I have not seen an online TIS for anything older than E39's, so I was very excited to see this. I discovered that I needed to install the conrod bushings at a 90 degree angle from the downward oil outlet, and that the bushing needs to be reamed out to 22mm.

Very good information! I HIGHLY recommend anyone who's working on their E12s to check this site out!

http://repair.bmw-e23.com/pages/en/index.html

Mike
maybeillbuyit

Re: Found online TIS that covers our M30's

Post by maybeillbuyit »

Thx for posting, I've seen these online versions specifically for the e12 before. No idea where exactly they are. These things seem to disappear after a few years
1977 530i another project
1979 635csi Euro "project"
1987 635csi
keehn

Post by keehn »

Yeah, I mirrored the website to my desktop. Now, I have an offline copy whenever I need it.

The program I used was "httrack". It's a free Windows program that allows you to download entire copies of websites.

Mike
528i-1981

Post by 528i-1981 »

The E12 version fell offline last year, or rather it was moved behind a paywall. The quality of the scan was pretty bad, not as crisp as the E23 version here, but good enough if you didn't have the Blue Book.

fwiw, I ordered a CDROM from eBay for about $20 that is a high-rez version of the blue book. The HTML coding is broken, but I distilled everything to PDF and ran OCR on it so I can text search it.

-Eric
(oo=00=oo) Eric
1981 528i Manual