Speedbleeders for one man brake bleeding

Post your E12 technical questions and comments here. Please, no off-topic posts.

Moderators: Mike W., Pierre

canada karl

Speedbleeders for one man brake bleeding

Post by canada karl »

Anybody using them for bleeding their BMW brakes? Where did you get them? The original speedbleeder site used to sell them for $7.00 each listed as SB7100 Now I think Dorman and Summit Racing have them under different stock numbers but are more expensive.
1976 530i. BMW 59 Triumph TR3A(rolling resto). 67 Triumph TR4A(salvageable). 86 900S Winter car
canada karl

Re: Speedbleeders for one man brake bleeding

Post by canada karl »

It's all good. I got thru to the original speedbleeder site and they were still $7.00 a piece. You need 8 for the 530i. SB7100
1976 530i. BMW 59 Triumph TR3A(rolling resto). 67 Triumph TR4A(salvageable). 86 900S Winter car
528i-1981

Post by 528i-1981 »

Karl - I didn't know about these, thanks for posting.

I use the Schwaben pressure bleeder - this works great when used with a catch bottle with a clear hose attached to the caliper nipple.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwaben-pa ... 237sch01a/

The Schwaben system does require the brake fluid reservoir be pressurized, which the speedbleeders appear to avoid.
(oo=00=oo) Eric
1981 528i Manual
keehn

Post by keehn »

I'm 100% with Eric. I have a Motive Products pressure bleeder (pretty much identical to Schwaben) and I have Buick, Ford, BMW attachments that allow VERY easy bleeding.

I have had my unit for....many years, and it has paid for itself over and over again. The last time I used it? Last night. I had to replace rotors and calipers on my Ford F350 Dually, because...Ford. Using the pressure bleeder made the fluid refill AND bubble removal dead easy.

Because it's a pressurized system, it forces fluid through the system, meaning that if the ABS (on newer cars, that is) was bled dry, this will ensure the ABS is primed again (provided that the vehicle wasn't turned on or ABS was adjusted in any way).

Bottom line: I once considered Speedbleeders, but after living with the pressure bleeder for many years, I would absolutely go for the pressure bleeder any day!

Mike