Driveshaft center hanger bearing and bracket?

Post your E12 technical questions and comments here. Please, no off-topic posts.

Moderators: Mike W., Pierre

canada karl

Driveshaft center hanger bearing and bracket?

Post by canada karl »

I see that the Manual shft and the Automatic shaft are some what different but the center hanger bearing is the same. Correct? There seem to be quite a few hanger bearing and bracket assemblies on Ebay that are supposed to fit and they are way cheaper than an oem?
1976 530i. BMW 59 Triumph TR3A(rolling resto). 67 Triumph TR4A(salvageable). 86 900S Winter car
Mike W.

Re: Driveshaft center hanger bearing and bracket?

Post by Mike W. »

They're likely the same but I never checked. The D/S itself is different because the trannys are different lengths. Different prices due in part to different quality. Check thru Realoem, but I think it's the same as the E28 one, and it's a common upgrade on them to use the E34 center support. I would not buy one that was the URO brand, while some of their stuff is ok, overall it doesn't have a good reputation and it's a PITA to R and R the driveshaft. Meyle is usually ok.
Mike W.

1980 528i, 3.5 euro, 5 speed conversion
1981 528i, 3.6, Recaros and more. Project
1998 328is, quick and efficient, but not satisfying
2000 528iit, Vacation mobile/wife's grocery getter
canada karl

Post by canada karl »

Thanks for the info. :D
1976 530i. BMW 59 Triumph TR3A(rolling resto). 67 Triumph TR4A(salvageable). 86 900S Winter car
keehn

Post by keehn »

For god's sake, stay away from URO!!!

I have always had problems with their parts. Either they fail way too early, or the part doesn't line up like it should. Every time I gave them a chance, I got burned.

You know the saying, "you get what you pay for."

Mike