Paging Peter Florence

Post your E12 technical questions and comments here. Please, no off-topic posts.

Moderators: Mike W., Pierre

canada karl

Paging Peter Florence

Post by canada karl »

Hi Peter I've had some good leads from Board members but cant seem to track down a source for the ATE 34.11.1.158.692 caliper rebuild kit. Any ideas ....Bav Auto dosnt have the kit and I think you have to be a supplier to order direct from ATE. Would appreciate any help. Karl
Peter Florance
Site Admin

Re: Paging Peter Florence

Post by Peter Florance »

canada karl wrote:Hi Peter I've had some good leads from Board members but cant seem to track down a source for the ATE 34.11.1.158.692 caliper rebuild kit. Any ideas ....Bav Auto dosnt have the kit and I think you have to be a supplier to order direct from ATE. Would appreciate any help. Karl
Mesa should have them (see our links section) and Jim Stansfield knows a lot more about an e12 than BavAuto does.

http://www.mesaperformance.com/web_stor ... 11527.2318

I'll PM you Jim's email address.
Peter Florance
First Fives.Org - The E12 Registry
1981 E-Street Prepared Euro BMW 528i w/3.5L & Megasquirt Fuel Injection
http://www.firstfives.org
mailto:peter@firstfives.org
canada karl

Re Mesa

Post by canada karl »

Thanks for the info Peter. This looks like the source for both my caliper rebuild kits and discs. :D
alotawatts

Post by alotawatts »

If I may-
I'd bet what Mesa calls 'quality German kits' are the same as these that I just ordered
http://www.autohausaz.com/search/produc ... pair%20Kit
Cheaper here and free shipping with orders over $50
:D
Three E12's and one R27
ImageImageImage
canada karl

Autohaus

Post by canada karl »

Looks like another good source. I'm in Winnipeg Manitoba and a lot of Parts places wont ship out of the US and when they do UPS charges brokerage fees,handling fees,Duty,surcharges, a tax on the tax etc so It almost costs as much as the parts order for shipping. I should try to locate an Autohaus/Mesa type supplier in Vancouver BC. Your in Seattle....ever hear of one over the border? :idea:
Andrew in Calgary
Site Admin

Post by Andrew in Calgary »

If you get it send via old fashioned donkey-cart mail, the border fees are considerably cheaper, if they bother to charge you at all. Alternatively, see if somewhere like Pembina or Neche or one of those little just-over-the-border places has mailbox rentals or some other sort of drop. My father-in-law has an address at just such in Pt. Roberts WA, about 15 minutes from his place in BC. I've had motorcycle parts shipped there, he had Tire Rack ship tires there - works like a charm. If there isn't one in one those little border towns in ND or MN, you could probably set up a nice little US-based business doing just that. :D
"There is nothing that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." - Rio Sollway