Left scratching my head. Clutch issues

Post your E12 technical questions and comments here. Please, no off-topic posts.

Moderators: Mike W., Pierre

BimBim2oo2

Left scratching my head. Clutch issues

Post by BimBim2oo2 »

Make a long story short....

My wheel decided to have a date with a curb last week. My car has been pretty much sitting for over a week. It was on jack stands at my work for three days then I was able to get it home on a spare wheel where it has been sitting til today.

I went and picked my wheel up today. I go to start my car and the clutch pedal goes straight to the floor with no resistance and does not spring back. I look over all the obvious and cant find anything. The resavoir was full and I saw no leaks. I then decide to try and bleed the system thinking maybe air got in there somehow. Well sure enough thats what it was. I did a 1/2 ass bleed job with a oil pump and some hose on the nipple of the slave forcing the air up.

My question now is what would cause air to get into the system? When I drove the car home a few days ago everything was fine (drove it home Friday). It has been parked on a level surface. Im just a little lost right now on what exactly I should be looking at. Like I said there were no leaks and the resevoir was full.

Any ideas?
"The greatest gifts in life are the one's we give ourselves"

1980 M535
2012 Prius
2014 Focus ST
2013 KLR650