Where's the best place to buy.....

Post your E12 technical questions and comments here. Please, no off-topic posts.

Moderators: Mike W., Pierre

canada karl

Where's the best place to buy.....

Post by canada karl »

good quality points and condensor? Maximillian prices seem a little on the high side.
1976 530i. BMW 59 Triumph TR3A(rolling resto). 67 Triumph TR4A(salvageable). 86 900S Winter car
Mike W.

Re: Where's the best place to buy.....

Post by Mike W. »

I'm not a fan of Max, but regardless...

Without checking prices on those parts, Autohausaz is my favored vendor, good prices with a variety of suppliers, although the semi recent website change is much for the worse, Amazon often has good prices on things, but you have to be very careful about the manufacturer. Blunttech (sp?) is liked by many but my limited dealings haven't been great. Rockauto sometimes has killer prices, but sometimes killer shipping charges. Sometimes great deals, but often not what it seems.
Mike W.

1980 528i, 3.5 euro, 5 speed conversion
1981 528i, 3.6, Recaros and more. Project
1998 328is, quick and efficient, but not satisfying
2000 528iit, Vacation mobile/wife's grocery getter
Robert Bondi

Re: Where's the best place to buy.....

Post by Robert Bondi »

I used to frequent BMP, then BavAuto for common maintenance stuff. They're now both extinct. I agree with Mike on Autohaus AZ and RockAuto for common stuff. You might also check Pelican Parts (well liked by E28 guys I know) and ECS Tuning. ECS sort of paired up with BavAuto as BavAuto closed and were offering discounts to BavAuto customers for a month or so. I've got one order in with ECS....no problems yet.
Robert
77 530i
77 Euro 528