Spoilers, mirrors and any other e28 stuff

Post your E12 technical questions and comments here. Please, no off-topic posts.

Moderators: Mike W., Pierre

Mark

Spoilers, mirrors and any other e28 stuff

Post by Mark »

Does anyone know whether e28 front spoilers will fit an e12 with modifications, they seem easier to find than e12 items.

The rear spoiler looks totally wrong for an e12 though,

Alsoo, where can I buy a pair of teardrop racing/motorsport looking mirrors, the ones which dont stick out that much, kind of a half moon teardrop shape, my mirrors are in the corner of the glass rather than attached to the door itself, its either that or e12 or maybe e28 items, as I have noor passanger door morror at all, and need one whichever way I go.

Thanks
1st 5er

Re: Spoilers, mirrors and any other e28 stuff

Post by 1st 5er »

Mark wrote:Does anyone know whether e28 front spoilers will fit an e12 with modifications, they seem easier to find than e12 items.
Here's a previous discussion. It should help a little.
Mark wrote:Alsoo, where can I buy a pair of teardrop racing/motorsport looking mirrors, the ones which dont stick out that much, kind of a half moon teardrop shape, my mirrors are in the corner of the glass rather than attached to the door itself, its either that or e12 or maybe e28 items, as I have noor passanger door morror at all, and need one whichever way I go.
I was able to source an original passenger side mirror through the For Sale/Wanted section.
I'm sure there others out there for sale.
Try Techboy, he may be able to help you.
Sherman

TexFest LSB&F V

95 525iT (Her DD)
92 ///M5 (????)
91 ///M5 (T donor)
88 ///M5 (Das Beast)
86 535i (Snob)
79 528i (1st 5er)
Mark

DTM cup mirrors

Post by Mark »

Thanks for the reply, after having a look around I think the ACS and DTM cup mirrors (manual not electric) are what I need, although if I cant find them I will go for the standard passanger to match the standard drivers door mirror.
Looks like the e28 front spoiler will fit an e12, and there is a stunning rear spoiler for sale. mmmmmmm nice.

Cant find DTM cup mirrors for an e12 though, or even e28 which may fit,