Euro Bumper Installation

Post your E12 technical questions and comments here. Please, no off-topic posts.

Moderators: Mike W., Pierre

JoshInAtlanta

Post by JoshInAtlanta »

I did buy brand new OEM brackets (they were brand new, but so old they had hand written part numbers on them under the new stickers). They had tabs that stuck off the side that blocked passage to the frame rails, so we had to grind them off.

Interestingly enough, I have a box full of OEM nuts/bolts ordered from Germany (I ordered everything need based on the RealOEM list). Funny how that works...

Since we foolishly tackled this last night, I haven't slept in 29 hours, but if I am lucky I will have enough energy to get some nice outdoor shots since it is so beautiful today.
1981 528i
Don Daynes

Post by Don Daynes »

Hi Adam

Having done both I can tell you the M535i airdam does not mount anything like the euro bumpers. When I did my front euro bumper I also had the brackets you found on realoem. The problem is, at least on my 81, there were no holes in the frame rails to bolt them to. Not sure how JoshInAtlanta drilled his frame rails (angle drill?) but I decided to just make my own brackets.