Engine rebuild, Fuel injector plug caps

Post your E12 technical questions and comments here. Please, no off-topic posts.

Moderators: Mike W., Pierre

T.Hanson

Engine rebuild, Fuel injector plug caps

Post by T.Hanson »

Dry run 635 last year, runs great. Still, as I'm making another pile of parts I wonder what I think I'm doing. Must be a thousand things that have to go together exactly right, and tight, or no start and I'll be scratching my head bald.

I think the fuel injector and sensor (brittle plastic) square plug caps are supposed to pull off. As the little wire clips seem to like sticking, I'm given to removing them, then slipping the cap off.

One plastic cap has a broken lower corner. What's the drill for replacing it ? The rubber sleeve covering the wire, connection, looks pretty crunchy for rolling, sliding back.
alotawatts

Re: Engine rebuild, Fuel injector plug caps

Post by alotawatts »

T.Hanson wrote: One plastic cap has a broken lower corner. What's the drill for replacing it ? The rubber sleeve covering the wire, connection, looks pretty crunchy for rolling, sliding back.
Replacement connectors and boots are available. I don't remember where I found mine......kind'a pricey
carpartstogo ?
Try a Google on -
Bosch 287 013 003
They are used on other makes of cars as well
Three E12's and one R27
ImageImageImage
Karl in KS

Post by Karl in KS »

I replaced the connector on my cold start injector a couple years ago, and the replacement caps I used came from a domestic car parts source only available as a set of 8. So I should have some spares someplace if I can find them. email me if you're interested
karl67208@yahoo.com
T.Hanson

Thanks

Post by T.Hanson »

Thanks for offering. So far I've got a spare harness full of plugs. If they are too hard and crunchy to work with the rubber sleeves, connectors, I'll yell.
Odometergears

Injector Connectors

Post by Odometergears »

I just bought a set from Summit Racing. If you go to the manufacturer:

http://www.casperselectronics.com/store ... bc4831640c

Part number 108012

They are a dollar cheaper.

Simple to install.

Jeff
www.odometergears.com
Jeff Caplan 1981 Euro E12 3.5 M106 Block w/T4
alotawatts