What wires pass through a grommet in the pedal bracket?

Post your E12 technical questions and comments here. Please, no off-topic posts.

Moderators: Mike W., Pierre

wkohler

What wires pass through a grommet in the pedal bracket?

Post by wkohler »

When I pulled the wiring and the pedal bracket from the M535i, I remembered there being two wires that passed through a grommet in the pedal bracket next to the hole for the steering column. I cannot seem to find the grommet or the wires on the harnesses. I can see that it does the same thing on one of my parts 6ers but the wires were cut on the engine side, so I don't know where they go. Brake pad sensor wiring and brake fluid sensor wiring come off the main harness, so I cannot figure out what goes there.

Thanks.
RonDwyer

Post by RonDwyer »

Back up light switch wires?
Ron Dwyer
Milwaukee, Wi

14 Audi A8L TDI
03 530i
08 F150 4X4
Robert Bondi

Post by Robert Bondi »

The idiot light switch for low oil pressure is one wire that passes through that grommet (brown wire). I followed that routing with additional dashboard gauge wiring, so I've got additional non-stock wires running through there too.

Also, the back up light switch wires is another good guess, as already pointed out. I have a wire sheath running through that same grommet.
It's wide enough to probably hold two wires and it runs in the direction of the transmission and the other box down there that's the interface for some kind of EGR/emissions diagnostic. Given the sheath size though, I'd guess backup light switch wires w/o a direct under car inspection.
Robert
77 530i
77 Euro 528