Electric wire routing on engine

Post your E12 technical questions and comments here. Please, no off-topic posts.

Moderators: Mike W., Pierre

Falkenberg

Electric wire routing on engine

Post by Falkenberg »

Reconstructing the furnace, I forgot or never knew how the main electric cable collection between fuse box and engine is routed.

I have a plastic clamp that seems to go to the upper part of the frame rail, then it crosses over to the engine, where I have an iron clamp with rubber inside that I fixed using one of the engine mount bolts, and I routed the cable on the right side of the engine oil dip stick shaft (the side towards the bulkhead/firewall).

That is the route that the clamps, position of possible clamp mounting points and the shape of the 38 year old stiff cable sleeve suggest. But it kind of interferes with the acceleration rod assembly, more precise, with the plate that transforms the horizontal movement form the pedal to the vertical movement towards the carburettors.

So, I would really appreciate if someone can comment on the routing or even better, post a picture of how it should be. Car is a 1976 528 zenith, but I figure that other types of that age would have similar layouts.
1961 Simson AWO sport (Brasoveanca)
1968 BMW 114 2002
1976 BMW E12 528 (Malèna)
1987 Kawasaki GPz900r
1996 Moto Guzzi V75 PA NT