Stumble jerk update.

Post your E12 technical questions and comments here. Please, no off-topic posts.

Moderators: Mike W., Pierre

T.Hanson

Stumble jerk update.

Post by T.Hanson »

Audacity to think one other in the world is interested in remedies for future problems.

Slow start starts faster after replacing the temp sensor, or just driving the car every day. Which may be the solution to the battery dropping, or plugging the door buzzer back in. ( Nobody opined on that being the possible drain.)

New O2 sensor ( oldie was chalk white, eight years old.) seems to have improved stumbling, enthusiastic acceleration. No more, or not so much feel it's not getting enough mixture.

Is there a reason why those things are screwed in with two elephants and a chain on the wrench ? Wow. I had to use the floor jack under the wrench to start the process.

Finally, replaced the low speed, idle cut off switch. Unplugging the other made everything smoother, this one is better. Set at the last possible instant to click off it's still not as smooth as unplugged, but I'm stubborn and figure the factory put the switch there for a reason.

If you've never driven a different e12 to experience how different they can feel, I recommend the trip.