In order to work on the front of the engine ('81 E-12), I disassembled everything relating to the hood. I went too far with this step. What's a
good way to retorque the torsion tube and reassemble? Thanks. I should have just taken out the eight bolts that hold the hood and left the
tube alone.
Hood torsion tube
Re: Hood torsion tube
Probably with a vice grips or something. There is a lot of spring tension there, make sure you keep your fingers well clear, if it snaps with a finger in there you could be looking at a trip to ER.
Mike W.
02 525ita. Wife's, aka grocery getter
02 530i. New to the fleet, 3 pedals.
08 Toyota 4Runner. 4WD vacationmobile. No enthusiasm, but it didn't leave me stranded or use any oil. Reserving judgement for now.
02 525ita. Wife's, aka grocery getter
02 530i. New to the fleet, 3 pedals.
08 Toyota 4Runner. 4WD vacationmobile. No enthusiasm, but it didn't leave me stranded or use any oil. Reserving judgement for now.